On the LBMN we collect different types of information about our users for three main reasons:
1. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
2. To provide requested services to users and to provide requested personalised services unique to individual users.
3. To use anonymous details about our users to sell appropriate advertising space on the site. This might mean showing an advertiser how many users we have on the site; it does not mean sharing an individuals details with an advertiser. Where we collect registration information from an individual, we will never share that individuals information with a third party, including an advertiser.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent. We have also established the following principles:
1. We will respect your email privacy. You will not receive unsolicited emails from us or from third parties. We will, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
2. We will not pass on any individual user details (including your email address) for third party use.
3. We always ensure that contractors we use in connection with the running of the website and services (for example hosting providers) are subject to the same principles we are.
4. Otherwise, we will only share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our advertisers.
5. Our site is accessible via the Internet and so may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the site from outside the European Economic Area. This means that, where you choose to post your data on the site, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the European Economic Area may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose. Where we or our contractors transfer data outside of the European Economic Area this is only ever done with the relevant protections required by law in place.
Updating your personal information
You can update your information by clicking the relevant link in an email we send you.
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users as follows: through cookies, through registration and where you choose to disclose data in postings.
How do we protect customer information?
We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. UK Data Protection Legislation means we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
Will we disclose the information we collect to third parties?
We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Also, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
The LBMN follows the relevant legal requirements and uses all reasonable precautions to ensure only necessary parties see the information, however we are not responsible for any breach of security or any actions of any third parties who receive the information.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any data processors with access to your data in providing services on our behalf are subject to contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and not used independently by such third party.
Advertising and affiliate links
Our editorial reviews on the LBMN is not influenced by advertisers or affiliates, however we do permit advertisers and affiliates to provide commercial information on the site to promote their products and services.
If you supply us with payment data (including credit card numbers, etc) these will only be used to process your payment or set up your recurring payment (if appropriate) with our payment processing partner. After this time your payment data will be destroyed and we will not retain a copy.
Legal information under the Data Protection Act 1998
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller for the LBMN is Local Beat Media Ltd, Hectors House, 676-680 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth, BH9 2EG.