Poole’s fantastic free family street arts festival returns on Monday 2 May to the Quay in celebration of the May Day bank holiday, bringing together a great mix of performances, live music, Maypole dancing.
The festival runs from 11am-5pm and will feature:
- ‘Hodman and Sally’ a pair of quirky characters that spellbind from The Flying Buttresses
- Bash Street Bobbies an arresting pair of stilt walkers!
- Pliosaur a newly commissioned large scale puppet by Sarah Butterworth
- “Be Prepared” from SWANK – join these good guides in a merry mix of silly songs, magic moments, stunning street feats and ‘camp’ fire comedy capers.
- The Black Eagles A troupe of totally stunning acrobats from Tanzania
- Spice Box A newly commissioned riotous performance based on Tudor Life in Poole, from Michele O Brien
- Live Music from local bands
- Ice Sculpture
- African Drumming
- Maypole & Morris Dancing!
- And back by popular demand Fair Play Comedy bring their Fairly Fresh Fish + Face Spaces for all to enjoy!